Non Invasive Moisture Meter
Why do I need a Moisture Meter?
To save time & money! Make sure your timber is dry before use! Ever had a project bow, cup or twist after completion? One common cause is the use of green/wet timber. During the drying process timber will continue to move, not only looking bad, but can also cause cracks in resin because of movement. A good rule of thumb is 1 year per 25mm once the timber has been slabbed (not since log was cut) however this non-invasive moisture meter will give a much more accurate reading on the spot!
How does it work?
Using the sensor at the rear of the tool it emits and pick ups electro-magnetic signals through the material. The reading displayed is an average value of the moisture content from the entire surface area and the maximum depth of penetration.
Moisture which is closer to the surface has a greater effect on the average value than the moisture close to the maximum depth of penetration. Internally, it checks and adjusts the calibration of the unit, therefore manual calibration is no longer necessary.
As used by us here at Hammer Roo!
- Non invasive (Material is not damaged)
- Internal Auto-Calibration
- Measuring Depth Up To 20mm (3/4 Inch)
- Auto Power Off
- Data hold function
- Backlit Green LCD Display
- LED Moisture Content Indicator (Moisture displays on LCD and LED bars)
- Detect moisture of 4 different materials - Drywall, Masonry, Softwood & Hardwood
- Audio alarm if reading is out of range
- 9V Battery Included
- Measurement Range 0%-53% Softwood / 0%-35% Hardwood
- Accuracy ±4%（Softwood/Hardwood）
- Max. Measuring Depth 20mm (3/4 Inch)