Polyx Oil Tints 750ml
Transparent coloured, satin wood finish that uniquely combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product. Primarily designed for use on timber and cork floors, but may also be used on furniture and interior trim. Best suited for light coloured timbers, plywood, veneers, particle board and mdf board.
For interior use only.
- Easy to apply, with just 2 thin coats
- Based on natural oils and waxes
- Water-repellent and dirt-resistant
- Provides a light washed effect to even out the colour of the timbers grain
- Very durable and hard wearing
- Food safe once cured
- Extremely stain resistant
- Resistant to wine, cola, tea, coffee, water and fruit juices
- Microporous breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- Spot repairs are easy. No need to sand the whole floor, or piece of furniture
- Easy to maintain with any plant-based soap such as Osmo's Wash and Care
- Suitable for children's toys, cots and bassinets
- Coverage: Approximately 24 square metres per litre with one coat
- No of coats: 2 coats OR 1 coat plus a top coat of clear Polyx®-Oil
- Application: Good quality brush, low nap (3-5mm) microfibre roller, lint-free cloth or an Osmo Easy Pad
- Sanding in between coats not necessary
- Drying time: 24 hours
- Sizes: 30mL sample, 750mL and 2.5L
- Storage times: 5 years unopened, 1 year once opened
Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints should not be considered as a product for staining timber, rather as a finish that will create an even tone to a timber's grain. The final appearance will be largely influenced by the colour of your timber. The application of additional coats of Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints to deepen the colour is not recommended. Where a deeper colour tone is required, we recommend using one of the Osmo Woodwax Finish Transparent or Osmo Oil Stain colours instead. Best results are achieved with timbers such as oak, pine, cypress, spruce, and larch.
A trial is always recommended first to determine suitability.
One coat (maximum two coats are possible on softer woods) is sufficient to produce a durable, faintly coloured finish. After the tint is dry, apply a final coat of one of the clear Osmo Polyx®-Oils.
Factors such as the original colour of your timber may mean the desired depth of colour has not been achieved.